To ensure Camden’s educational buildings are repaired and maintained to high standards, enabling educational services to be delivered from buildings which are safe, comfortable and serviceable. The role responsible raising, updating and closing reactive repair and planned work requests on the IT systems, Liaising with contractors and engineers to ensure jobs are completed within agreed SLA times. Providing high quality customer servicing ensuring the customer is kept fully informed of works throughout the process. All relevant documentation to be uploaded on to the systems used and ensuring all data is accurate. The role will also be responsible for providing administrative support across the team to assist the team objectives of providing a high quality and cost effective service.
Key aspects of the role:
- Answering calls and e-mails made to the helpdesk within agreed timeframes and logging repairs & maintenance jobs onto the appropriate helpdesk system in a timely and efficient manner.
- Enter data onto the helpdesk system accurately with the required detail, ensuring the appropriate priority level is given to work orders dependant on risk and e to allocate works to the correct contractor or internal resource. Also ensuring that the information received from the customer is clear enough to ensure the works are managed correctly
- Co-ordinate works with customer and resource effectively ensuring all parties are kept informed of attendance times.
- Track and monitor the progress of works, ensuring that SLA’s are adhered to by resources, that the customer is kept informed of progress at all times and that the system is kept updated in ‘real’ time form start through to completion.
- Dealing with all customer queries to a high standard and escalating issues where necessary.
- Understand the differences between the customers and be able to flexibly apply different working rules dependent on each customer
- Upload relevant documentation including but not limited to invoices, material receipts and contractors work sheets onto relevant system and entering any required data onto FM system
- Undertake minor projects and provide general administrative support to the team as directed by management. Items to include but not limited to taking meeting minutes, updating contact lists, typing up worksheet information onto FM system and keeping work rotas up to date.
- Providing basic reports as required from the FM system including weekly update to be sent to customers
- Type up quotations as directed by colleagues
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will be responsible for delivering:
- Ensure delivery of the repairs service is met in line with Camden’s Customer Service Standards.
- Proactive working with stakeholders to ensure repairs and planned preventative maintenance (PPM) are managed effectively and safely, using a robust and pro-active approach to Risk and Health & Safety. Ensure works are prioritised and key performance indicators are achieved in line with the service level agreement (SLA) at all times.
- Ensuring that the FM system is updated at all times and information is ‘live’.
- Contributes to increase customer satisfaction with repairs service.
- Ensure risks are reported and escalated, for example to ensure that every possible action is taken to ensure schools do not have to close or operate in poor or unsafe conditions because of maintenance failures.
- Compliance issues are recognised, resolved or escalated.
People Management Responsibilities:
No management responsibilities
Relationships and accountabilities:
- The postholder is wholly accountable to senior management for the areas of responsibility assigned to them – which will be a combination of service standards and relationships with schools, and cross-service objectives.
- The post-holder will work closely with engineers, contractors, customers, supervisor, building services engineers and management.
- Communication with engineers will consist of real time scheduling of repairs, progress updates and information gathering during progress and on completion to update the repairs IT systems. As the first point of contact there will be an element of problem solving on a repair by repair basis or on a larger scale.
- The postholder will be required to work closely with Repairs Team Supervisors and the specialist sub contractors to ensure that works are given to correct priority rating and the reasons for this are understood and adhered to by all parties.
- Provide a service focussed on delivering a high quality customer experience to ensure the repairs service is responsive to the needs of Camden’s educational establishments, internal and external stakeholders.
- As a member of the Schools Property Team the relationship is one of working together to identify opportunities for improvement, finding ways to implement these and monitoring their success. This may involve negotiating, explaining, demonstrating and observing.
- Regular contacts include: headteachers, school site officers, heads of service and other service managers in both Property Management and across the Council and contractors.
- The postholder needs to be able to write and speak in style and with conciseness, clarity and focus which communicates effectively to the situation and audience. S/he needs to be able to build support for maintenance standards and practices by building strong relationships with schools, contractors and officers, and in turn supporting them in their objectives.
- The post is mainly office based although the post-holder may be asked occasionally to visit education establishment properties with technical staff to learn about the process of carrying out repairs and the customer experience. The post will involve regular pro-active contact with schools and children’s centres in relation to scheduling appointments, planning works, taking repairs calls and answering e-mails
- The responsive repairs environment is high volume, fast moving and can be high pressure. Being flexible and adaptable is vital as priorities change regularly during the working day. Accuracy is essential to keep information up to date in real time.
- The service to stakeholders operates over extended weekday working hours, typically 8 AM to 6 PM Monday to Friday. The post holder is required to work flexibly to manage and support service delivery between these hours. This may include changes to working times / patterns in order to deliver an effective service.
- The post-holder will be required to work in an ‘agile’ way in line with Camden’s policy of a paperless and flexible work environment.
- The postholder will operate within a complex and occasionally sensitive framework, and confidentiality and discretion must be observed at all times.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Good working knowledge of the repairs process in particular the sequence of work and time taken to complete repairs tasks.
- Understanding of repairs types, prioritisation and timeframes, trades and materials.
- Good understanding of end to end responsive repairs systems.
- Good understanding of building related health and safety
- Experience of allocating works to trade staff in a high volume responsive repairs environment.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of collating and inputting high volumes of information accurately.
- Experience of scheduling fast turnaround work in a flexible, changing environment.
- Experience of tracking longer term work to completion.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of asset or facilities management (CAFM) databases and systems.
Camden Way Five Ways of Working
In order to continue delivering for the people of Camden in the face of ever increasing financial pressure, we need to transform the way we do things. We call this the Camden Way. The Camden Way is a key part of our transformation strategy often referred to as the transformation triangle which links the Camden Plan, the Camden Way and the Financial Strategy together.
The Camden Way illustrates the approach that should underpin everything we do through five ways of working:
- Deliver for the people of Camden
- Work as one team
- Take pride in getting it right
- Find better ways
- Take personal responsibility