Atlantic Caregiving Ltd. provides personalized, holistic care and advocacy, to maintain dignity and quality of life with a focus on domestic independence, while supporting absolute wellbeing Atlantic Care Giving is committed to delivering professional, personalized, respectful top quality care and services, whilst maintaining evidence based exceptional standards to ensure the people we support enjoy the highest possible quality of life and its Homes exceed the Bermuda ahome.
Our Vision. Mission & Values.
The Board of Directors have reviewed the Vision, Mission and Values (VMV) that set out and promote the desired culture that will ultimately assist Atlantic Care Giving and its employees to develop through its strategic journey. The VMV are as follows:
By putting quality first in everything we do for each person we support and for all our staff, we hope to be the service provider of choice in the communities in which we serve.
Is to focus on improving and developing: -
• The quality of care, support and hospitality we provide
• Our staff, through training and mentoring
• Our environments to be warm, safe, homely and empowered.
• Our evidenced based practice and commitment to continuous improvement
• Meaningful partnerships with the people we support, colleagues and stakeholders
To fulfill our vision and mission, we are guided by our core values of integrity, trust, kindness, dignity and respect throughout all of our services, hence:
• We put people and their individual needs first.
• We actively listen and respond to the people we support We support people to achieve their aspirations
• We seek out, appreciate and encourage the potential in everyone.
• We strive to be honest, transparent, fair and ethical in everything we do We learn when things go wrong.
• We encourage staff to have a work life balance
• We celebrate success and try to make life enjoyable for all
Purpose - Group Management:
- Through professional and values based, effective leadership, to direct and implement effective, efficient and economic strategies, in order to achieve profitable growth and financial success, whilst maintaining consistent, evidence based, top quality standards of care and service in line with Atlantic Care Giving’s commitment to excellence.
- To be registered with the Bermuda Nursing Council as In home mutli-generational care provider.
- To provide an ‘evidence of excellence’ values based approach to the effective delivery of consistent top quality care and service and to ensure the appropriate recognition of such by all stakeholders; e.g.- Bermuda Bodies- Age & Disability, Age Concern
- To ensure that Atlantic Care Giving’s Communication Strategy is effectively implemented at Atlantic Caregiving, Bermuda .
- To lead on the development and implementation of person centered care and service within Atlantic Care Giving.This is to involve establishing systems of involving the people we support and their loved ones in understanding their views of what is important to them.
- To ensure that Atlantic Care Giving ’s Quality Management System is effectively implemented at Atlantic Care Giving involves a system of both internal and external audit.
- To ensure consistent evidence based best practice and compliance and recognition by the local community as a centre of excellence.
- To be at the forefront of local and international strategies for older people and to adopt and apply relevant best practice within the Home, e.g., ‘Person Centred Care’ ‘Dignity in Care Charter’; Equality and Diversity; Activity at The Heart of Care for older people, etc.
- To direct and monitor the application of the company’s policies, processes and systems, ensuring that that they are consistently applied.
- Whilst maintaining quality, assess operations including; fee income; resourcing; etc, and to report and implement agreed strategies designed to maximise profitability.
- To lead and direct the formulation of the Business Plan for Atlantic Care Giving , monitoring progress and taking corrective action in order to achieve targets set.
- To direct, plan and implement comprehensive and innovative marketing strategies in order to maintain a high quality profile for Atlantic Care Giving and to maximise the market potential and fee income.
- To be responsible for the security, control, maintenance and economic use of the company’s money, assets and stocks.
- To design, implement and evaluate professional and effective, forward looking human resource strategies, in order to maximise the potential of each employee.
- To communicate and present professionally and effectively, accurate and relevant information and statistics, to ensure the achievement of agreed targets.
- To be fully conversant with, to advise on, and implement the Health and Social Care Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Data Protection Act, Employment Law and other relevant legislation.
- To promote and develop harmonious and effective relationships that promotes equality and values diversity between all employees, residents and their families, suppliers, healthcare professionals, the community and other stakeholders.
- To promote and implement total quality standards at all times and through ‘leading by example’, to ensure that ACG’s reputation for excellence is maintained and enhanced.
Purpose - Senior Care Coordinator:
- To act as a point of contact for clients, client representatives, families, careers and other health and social care professionals and in doing so ensure that client information is managed and communicated effectively throughout the ACG team.
- o support the ACG Manager in successfully managing delivery of client care in the context of ACG policies and procedures.
- To visit and meet prospective clients and provide all relevant information with regards to services that can be provided, ensuring that all clients receive a written copy of the ACG Statement of Purpose and other client materials (including complaints procedures) and ensuring that these are clearly understood.
- In conjunction with clients (and their relatives, client representatives, GPs and other professionals), to undertake the Assessment of Care Needs and Risk Assessment of clients and develop and maintain a detailed Care Plan which provides the highest possible quality of life for them.
- To maintain all other care-related documentation, ensuring all required processes are completed on time and in-line with required systems.
- To regularly assess client care packages according to ACG policies and procedures.
- To ensure that sufficient staffing resources are in place to deliver home care services and that staffing hours are arranged effectively in line with charged hours for services to clients and that these levels are maintained within budget and any variance reported to the ACG General Manager.
- To effectively manage the workload of the ACG team ensuring effective rostering and the highest level of efficiency, consistency and flexibility of the service.
- To ensure that staff rotas are covered throughout including where necessary designating and / or covering a duty, and remain flexible to support the ACG team (particularly in emergency situations).
- To inform the ACG Manager of any out-of-hours emergencies or any specific client needs which cannot be met through the non-availability of services or resources.
- To liaise with clients, their relatives, client representatives, GPs and other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary team, at all times promoting good communication and a high quality service.
- To comply with all ACG policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To comply with responsibilities under all relevant legislation including the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To ensure compliance of the ACG team with ACG policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To report all incidents, accidents and complaints to the ACG General Manager and participate in investigation and appropriate resultant action(s).
- To work closely with the ACG General Manager and other members of Management to plan, monitor and evaluate the service, preparing and presenting reports and proposals as required.
- To participate in and contribute to the development and review of ACG services, policies and procedures through attending meetings and reviews
- To ensure that all members of the ACG team are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities and that they are trained and supported in their practice.
- To ensure that all members the ACG team (as appropriate) are fully aware of the changing needs and aspirations of clients.
- To participate in the supervising and assessing of new members of staff during their initial induction and shadowing period.
- To participate in, and generally support, the supervision and assessment of ACG rs as required.
- To participate in the introduction of ACG’s to clients upon the commencement of care.
- To coordinate all aspects of the service delivered by the ACG team to ensure its successful delivery and development to meet the changing needs and aspirations of clients.
- To ensure that there are sufficient team members with appropriate skills available to ensure that continuity of service provision to clients can at all times be maintained.
- To work flexibly and creatively to meet the needs of clients and to ensure support for the ACG team over 7 days a week.
- To operate effectively within agreed management systems and processes to ensure practices are in line with policies and procedures whilst taking an active role in developing and supporting new ways of working.
- To promote the fair treatment and equality of opportunity for all members of the ACG team and participate in monitoring and managing attendance, performance and conduct in accordance with ACG policies and procedures.
- To take responsibility for the ACG 24-hour on-call system.
- To actively participate in Staff Meetings, Senior Care Meetings, Office Meetings and, where appropriate, Management Meetings, stakeholders & community events.
Duties and Responsibilities - ACG Administrator:
- Responsible assisting in the for hiring, training, administrative and direct care employees and contract staff.
- Responsible for requesting, recording/tracking, and storage of all required proof of training and certifications for employees and contract staff.
- Ensures compliance with all Bermuda laws and maintain proper licensure for an In- Home Agency.
- Maintains agency documents for each employee and contractor to ensure proper retention requirements, insurance claims, payroll and billing.
- Required to maintain processes and procedures to ensure that the selection, documentation, screening and verification of credentials for all contractors referred by the agency to meet Bermuda requirements.
- Prepares for and responds to Bermuda Health Care Administration bodies, and insurers communication and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Responsible to partner with the compliance department in maintenance and updating of the emergency management plan and registration of the emergency management plan with Bermuda.
- Coordinates and or assists patient care services and oversee scheduling procedure
- Sets or adopts policies for and keep records of criteria for admission to service, case assignments and case management
- Manages client´s records accessibility to ensure employees and contract staff has necessary access.
- Notifies families of needs or problems.
- Keeps accurate records for emergencies on file regarding health condition.
- Completes incident reports and ensure proper safety processes are being followed.
- Ensures timely and appropriate response to customer/family concerns.
- Gives or assists in the giving an orientation to all new clients, reviewing all guidelines and schedules.
- Coordinates or assists in any additional care needed for the client according to client’s care plan and according to company guidelines.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions, and other information relating to clients, employees and facility.
- Assures quality client care is provided consistent with company policies and budget objectives.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and in-service training sessions.
- Pursues record keeping, filing and extensive usage of ACG Software System for the entire agency´s administration process.
- Ability to travel across Bermuda as needed.
- Must use own vehicle for travel. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage in limits that meets or exceeds Company standards.
Hours: 40.00 Per week, flexible to suit the needs of the services
Salary: $90,000 per annum