- To provide a professional, proactive compliance focussed service to the organisation ensuring that services meet their statutory and legal obligations.
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
- To ensure the professional delivery of established compliance and administrative processes to support the organisation for DBS,BPSS and RTW
- To provide advice on DBS and other statutory recruitment compliance complying with the relevant legislation and the council’s legal obligations for DBS,BPSS and RTW
- To promote, facilitate and support data sharing across the council and partners that is effective, secure and compliant, including working closely with individual services to identify and advise on DBS.
- To work with colleagues and team leaders to identify areas for improvement, to ensure compliance for DBS and Right to Work levels remain appropriate within the services.
- To work flexibly across the service, providing proactive support to Internal/External users to enable them to meet their objectives.
- Use innovative and imaginative thinking to improve service delivery
- To carry out such duties as may be required by your supervisor as appropriate to the post
- Under supervision work closely with other team members to assist in a range projects and service development relating to the employee compliance process and procedure for DBS,BPSS and RTW
To carry out such duties as may be required by your supervisor as appropriate to the post
People Management Responsibilities:
The HR Assistant has no direct line management responsibility
The job-holder will own the day-to-day relationships with managers and employees across the organisation and including schools. The job-holder will have regular contact with the DBS service Provider, Home Office, Internal Audit, Department of Education,Capita.
This post demands a high level of flexibility, a positive attitude and ability to adapt to changes/situations due to service needs. This post is office based.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of having worked in a fast pace, customer focused environment
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage a day to day workload with a flexible approach to prioritising work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) including literacy, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision and able to make accurate, considered judgements and decisions.
- Ability to work flexibly, balancing competing priorities and meeting deadlines whilst understanding the needs, timescales and deadlines of others.
- Ability to deal sensitively and discretely with confidential matters with an appreciation of confidentiality requirements within the workplace
- Ability to deal diplomatically and confidentially with a wider range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to identify improvements to processes and systems and to share the recommendations with the wider team.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of Employee Compliance such as DBS, Disclosure Scotland etc. is desirable
Camden Core Behaviours ? Adaptability
- Working Together
- Customer service
- Confidence and Resilience
- Driving improvement
- Confidence and resilience
- Category 2
Camden Additional Behaviours
- Organisational Awareness
- Category 2