1 Infrastructure Solutions Designer
Initial 3 Month Contract
Telephone and Face to Face Interviews to be held in Winchester, date and times TBC.
Hampshire County Council IT requires an experience Solution Designer to join its Infrastructure Delivery Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of solutions built on enterprise class platforms to meet business requirements, corporate strategies and architectural standards.
You will be a member of a talented team acting as a trusted advisor to colleagues at all levels across IT and the wider business. Working alongside; Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Technical Specialists, you will produce fully costed end-to-end solution designs that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
You will be well versed in solution delivery lifecycles and be technically accountable for the successful implementation of your solutions through to launch, completing design documentation and resolving any identified risks and architectural issues. Strong presentation skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels is essential.
The successful candidate will have experience in designing and delivering solutions utilising a wide range of technologies including: Application Provision/Integration, IDAM, Windows Server, firewalls, load balancers, databases, both hosted and cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
• Liaise with IT and Key Stakeholders helping to understand/set high level scope for each proposal.
• Research options and make high level recommendations on delivery methods.
• Liaise with Enterprise Team to ensure standards and future direction are met.
• Provide feedback on likely achievement against initial business case.
• Create infrastructure designs and cost estimates.
• Create task and resource estimates.
• Present proposals for IT architecture and organisational approval.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Experienced in Enterprise grade IT solution design
• Significant background knowledge and design experience / skills.
• Ability to act as SME against a wide range of proposals, technical & business areas.
• Ability to work with BA’s and stakeholders to specify a high level the design.
• Good communication skills – including verbal, written and facilitation skills
• Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks
• Experience of early planning, estimation and cost modelling
Desirable Skills & Experience
A good grasp of security, platform, networking and storage essentials.
Familiarity with elements of HCC’s key technology stack:
• Microsoft Azure
• Microsoft Office 365
• Microsoft Windows 10
• Windows Server 2016
• Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop, NetScaler
• VMWare ESXi 5+
• Microsoft Hyper-V
• App V
The role is based in Winchester, only a 10 minute walk from the train station.