6 - 9 months, start ASAP after interview
IT Application Developer - Contractor
The Departmental Applications Team is responsible for support and development of Hampshire County Council’s departmental applications.
The Adult & Children’s Social Care departments are undergoing significant IT change to enable productivity savings, which has resulted in the requirement to recruit to an application developer. The role will be responsible for developing applications using tools such as ebase Xi, HTML, PL SQL, XML & StyleVision (XSLT), Dell Boomi.
• Experience of developing in a 4GL language / environment is essential.
• Oracle SQL & PL SQL skills, using tools such as SQL Plus, PL SQL Developer or similar. This should include experience of writing DML, creating database objects (tables, views, functions, packages etc) and reading and understanding Entity Relationship Diagrams.
• Be flexible to work across support, administration, analysis, design and development.
• Have excellent communication skills and work well within a team and with other technical teams, such as DBA’s and Technical Platforms.
• Experience of developing in ebase 3.4 or 4.5/Xi is highly desirable.
• Any experience of SOAP based web services.
• Knowledge or experience of writing StyleVision eXtensible Stylesheet language Templates (XSLT)
• An understanding of XML.
• Knowledge or understanding of Dell Boomi.
• Any prior exposure or experience of Northgate’s Swift, ICS or AIS applications.
• Knowledge or experience of Oracle Application Server.
• Working within a Citrix environment.
• Developing applications in any / all of ebase Xi, SQL / PL SQL, XML / XSLT / FOP, Dell Boomi to HCC standards.
• Configuration, systems administration, testing and support of the authorities Social Care applications, Swift, ICS and AIS.
• The need to work flexibly including occasional out of hours work as required.
• It may be a requirement of the role holder to deal with confidential information and a strict regard for confidentiality is essential.
• A standard DBS check is required for this role
10 mins walk from Winchester train station.