IT Infrastructure Engineer
3 months Initially with a view to Extend
CV’s will be shortlisted and Telephone interviews will be arranged as they are submitted.
Start Date 22nd October, or as soon after pre-employment checks are complete.
Hampshire County Council are looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to support our Server 2016 Migration projects. The focus of this role will be to migrate services from a Windows 2008 platform, to a supported Windows 2016 platform. To achieve this, you will be working with a wide range of technologies including VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop and APP-V.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you are responsible for delivering world class infrastructure projects across a range of technologies. You have a proven track record of working with a range of Microsoft technologies in large, Enterprise environments with strong awareness of the ITIL framework.
• Deliver Service/Application migrations to defined timescales and project objectives
• Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to all relevant stakeholders
• Assist Project Managers in the smooth running of the project during project delivery
• Create high quality technical project documentation: -
o Implementation documentation
o Disaster Recovery
o Handover to support teams (including training)
• Provide support and guidance to other members of the team
• Liaise with suppliers for technical specifications and customer departments for input to issue resolution.
• Research and develop technical deployments and implementations to ensure projects are delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible
• Proven ability to configure and troubleshoot and variety of Windows Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2016)
• Comfortable with PowerShell scripting (ideally at an advanced level)
• Strong knowledge of Active Directory and related technologies: -
o AD DS
o Group Policy
o At least a basic knowledge of AD CS
o DFS-R and DFS-N
• At least CCA level knowledge of Citrix technologies (XenApp and XenDesktop) with prior experience of delivering apps and desktop in a thin client environment
• Good understanding of Virtualisation concepts with strong working knowledge of VMware ESXi
• Knowledge of Windows images and app deployment solutions like SCCM is highly advantageous
• Good understanding of the Microsoft messaging stack – Exchange, Skype for Business
• Understanding of networking fundamentals (routing, firewalls, load balancers, VLANs, network teaming, PXE, DNS and DHCP)
• NetScaler ADC (Gateway, LB, CS, WAF, AAA)
• Application packaging and delivery using Microsoft App-V and Citrix XenApp
• Experience with Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS)
• Experience working on large migration projects (Windows OS migration)
• Prior experience with AD FS
• Knowledge of FIM
• Knowledge of Hyper-V and XenServer
• Knowledge of Hyper Converged Infrastructure
• Knowledge of Nutanix HCI platform
• Office 365 Deployment and Management (including SharePoint, Exchange Online and Yammer)
• Azure Active Directory (including migrating on-premise users to AAD/O365)
• Knowledge of InTune
• Strong working knowledge of AD CS and SCEP (and PKI in general)
• High Availability, failover and clustering solutions
• Experience with Dell Enterprise Hardware
• Good experience working with SANs (Fibre Channel and iSCSI)
We are 10 mins walk from Winchester train station.
ideally looking for a start date of 22nd October 2018 as ASAP after passing all pre-employment checks.