IT Technician Level 2
Start date: 6th August, 2018
End date: 24th December 2018
Note that CV's will be reviewed when submitted and interviews (face to face) will take place week beginning 23rd July.
• To support the business priorities of Hampshire County Council by working within the IT Support & Project Teams. This includes recording and identifying technical faults, providing problem diagnosis, enabling successful resolutions for issues experienced by customers and colleagues across the County and working alongside a project to ensure a successful rollout of new services.
• Provide a professional service to Hampshire customers by delivering and maintaining effective and efficient IT support to agreed service levels.
• Working within a high pressure environment, record and resolve incident calls, ensuring correct process are followed.
• Liaise with, and maintain clear communication lines with colleagues, including 3rd level Support teams, Service desk and Problem Management, to ensure an effective and collaborative approach.
• Assist the support team in the delivery of IT projects and wider initiatives. Occasionally work outside of normal working hours may be required to facilitate upgrades and service implementations.
• Support team leaders in development and deployment of new systems and services.
• Undertake routine office tasks e.g. management of mailboxes, maintenance of laptops etc.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
Understanding or Experience in providing customer facing support.
Previous experience within an IT function.
Understanding of, or knowledge across, any of the following areas:
• Active Directory
• Citrix XenApp
• Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• On site technical support (Networking, Hardware)
• Microsoft Application Virtualization (APP-V)
• Wireless technology
• Network Printing
• Local and Wide Area Networks
• It may be a requirement of the role holder to deal with confidential information and a strict regard for confidentiality is essential. A DBS check may be required.
• Ensure security of assets is maintained and adopt appropriate security measures in workplace and any restricted access environments.
• Some role holders may be exposed to potentially volatile customer facing situations. Role holders will need to be able to respond in a calm, sensitive and sympathetic manner.
We are based in Winchester City Centre