The Education Business Support Service is looking for a Finance Officer to provide an efficient and effective exchequer or accounting service including a range of guidance, advisory support and information to providers commissioned by the Local Authority to provide Free Early Education places.
The Finance Officer must deliver the following DfE statutory requirements:
• Assist in developing a single funding formula for FEEE across maintained & PVI sector providers
• Assist in developing and implementing FEEE financial procedures.
• Monitor actual spend to FEEE budgets and investigate variances
• Provide a range of support advice
This post is responsible for:
• To undertake reconciliations during the year and at year end – contribute to the closure of accounts process.
• Provide financial information and respond to requests for information from senior officers, internal and external auditors, customers as appropriate.
• Implementing the digital by default agenda through efficient and accurate processes for collating data and making FEEE payments
• Assist in making accurate and timely payments to providers to prevent under/over payments and assist providers with cash flow.
• Assist in designing Audit tools in line with EYFS and LA statutory requirements published by the DfE and other relevant regulatory bodies to effectively prevent duplicate/overpayments.
The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive relevant practical experience within the service or a related professional area demonstrating evidence of appropriate level of knowledge.
• Detailed knowledge of the systems, policies, regulations, professional guidelines and legislation relevant to the work area.
• Practical understanding of the range of services provided within area of specialism and their contribution to overall organisational performance.
• Excellent ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications and specialist systems.
• Proven ability to explain technical / specialist information in a way which a non-specialist can understand.
• Good planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise and co-ordinate workloads, monitor and evaluate work, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
• Experience of contributing to project delivery as part of a team.
• Knowledge and experience of schools and grant funding and a proven ability to analyse data to improve and maintain sustainability of services.