Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide comprehensive property advice and assistance to all Council Departments and ensure that a corporate approach to Asset Management is maintained.
To assist in the development, implementation and review of portfolio management strategies and asset management plans to ensure effective and efficient use of property.
To assist with the delivery and management of the Council’s acquisition, disposal and regeneration programmes.
To value, acquire and dispose of land and property as required by the Council and to carry out detailed appraisals in respect of development schemes as required.
To undertake a comprehensive range of property management duties to ensure the effective management of the Council’s Assets including acquisitions, disposals, valuations, rent reviews, lettings, lease renewals, surveys, consents, assignments, repair and maintenance, service charges and day to day management of tenants.
To ensure the effective management of the Council’s Assets in accordance with the Asset Management Plan.
To be responsible for the management of the Council’s Commercial property portfolio including the undertaking of rent reviews and lease renewals to maximise the Council’s annual rental income.
8. To prepare and implement reactive and planned maintenance programmes for the Council’s operational and non-operational portfolios.
9. To instruct, monitor and liase with external professional consultants and contractors as required.
10. To manage multi tenanted property including the monitoring, calculation and assessment of service charges together with liaison with tenants.
11. To carry out valuations of land and property for a range of purposes including acquisition, disposal, compensation, rating and accounting purposes.
12. To supervise and assist members of the team in the undertaking of professional work and assist or deputise for the Estates Manager when required.
13. To comply with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy, and associated safe working procedures and guidelines.
14. To communicate the Health and Safety Policy, procedures and guidelines to all employees under the management/supervision of the post holder. To monitor compliance with policy, procedures and guidelines and keep appropriate records where required.
15. To comply with the Council’s Comprehensive Equality Policy and ensure that it is implemented within the service area and amongst employees within the remit of the post.
16. To be responsible for the implementation of the Council’s Human Resources policies and procedures including Employee Relations, within the remit of the post.
17. To comply with the Council’s Information Management Framework (including Data Protection, Code of Practice and Social Media Policy) and ensure it is implemented within the service area and amongst employees within the remit of the post.