Out of Borough Hospital Team Social Worker.
1. To manage a caseload of people with care and support needs and carers with support needs in Hospitals outside Lambeth.
2. To carry out assessments for clients in Hospital to determine eligibility and care and support needs of people, and the support needs of carers of people with care and support needs, and for these to be done in line with the expectations of the Care Act 2014 and the regulations and statutory guidance that go with it.
3. Undertake Safeguarding Enquiries in accordance with Care Act 2014 duties.
4. Apply the Mental Capacity Act and undertake capacity assessments.
5. To work with people to plan how their care and support needs or, in the case of carers, their support needs might be met. This will involve identifying eligible needs and needs that will be met by the local authority.
6. To carry out financial assessments relating to care and support services, or make sure these are done.
7. Giving people who may have care and support needs or who are carers information about any likely cost of services, welfare rights entitlements, and any other relevant information and advice.
8. Work semi-autonomously with limited supervision.
Dedicated and high performing.
Social worker with advanced skill set.
Ability To Deal With Sensitive Issues
Excellent Communication Skills Both Verbal & Written
Ability To Manage A Caseload
The Ability To Build Strong Working Partnerships
Ability To Plan And Organise Own Workload To Meet Targets And Deadlines
Enhanced CRB/DBS Within Last 12 Months
Ability To Manage Workload And Work As Part Of A Team Advance
Ability To Pass Information Accurately Between Colleagues, Other Agencies And Partners
2 Years Experience Preferred
Ability To Work As Part Of A Small Team And On Own Initiative